Thank you for your interest in the Galileo conference. Please follow the guidelines on this page for submission of your abstract. Please note that an abstract processing charge (APC) of €40 per abstract is levied. All abstracts published in the conference programme will receive a DOI.
Abstract submission recipe
- Use a text editor of your choice to compile your abstract: title, author(s), affiliation(s) of author(s), and abstract text. Your abstract body should have 100–500 words.
- Browse through the sessions and select the one of your interest.
- Use the abstract submission link at the respective session. Please keep in mind that submission of the same abstract to more than one sessions is not allowed. Duplicates will be rejected.
- You will be asked to log in to the Copernicus Office Meeting Organizer. Use your account data or create a new account.
- Fill in the submittal information about title, author(s), and affiliation(s) of author(s).
- ORCID numbers will be linked to authors that have their ORCID included in the personal data section of their Copernicus account.
- For your abstract body, the submission form provides you with an HTML editor.
- Select your preference for poster presentation or for oral presentation. However, please be aware that there is no guarantee that an oral preference can be realized.
- Accept the licence & copyright agreement and proceed to the abstract preview.
- If the conversion of your abstract fails, please specify your problems and we will then take care of them.
- In all cases, please indicate your invoice details for the APC (see below). You will then receive an invoice for your APC payment by email.
- Submit your abstract. A confirmation message including your abstract number will be displayed and you will receive a confirmation email providing your abstract number. Should you not receive the abstract submission confirmation email within 24 hours, please check your spam folder first and then contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In case any questions arise, please do not hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com.
Abstract guidelines and rules
- The abstract body should be short (100–500 words), clear, concise, and written in English with correct spelling and good sentence structure.
- Mathematical symbols and equations can be typed in or embedded as image.
- Figures and tables should not be included.
- Abstracts should be carefully compiled and thoroughly checked, in particular with regard to the list of authors, before submission in order to avoid last-minute changes.
- The submission of an abstract carries with it the obligation that it is actually presented at the meeting by the author or, at least, by one of the co-authors. If this is not possible, please withdraw your abstract as early as possible. Without early withdrawal, abstracts not presented at the conference are identified as no-shows. Such contributions are clearly marked in the online programme and listed as no-shows. The corresponding HTML/PDF abstract will no longer be available.
- By submitting an abstract, authors accept the licence & copyright agreement and the General Assembly rules of conduct.
- Submission of the same abstract to more than one session is not allowed. Duplicates identified by the programme committee will be rejected.
- The content of the abstracts is the responsibility of their authors. The scientific committee reserves the right to reject abstracts that are not written in English, are out of the scope of the conference, do not meet basic standards of scientific quality, or do not adhere to conventional standards of civil discourse and common decency.
- The official language of the conference is English. Simultaneous interpretation is not provided. It is therefore expected that authors are able to present their research more or less fluently in the English language.
Abstract processing charges (APCs)
- An APC of €40 must be paid for each abstract submission.
- APCs can only be paid by credit card. You will be asked to provide your invoice details since a proper invoices and payment receipt will be sent by email. Please note that most probably, this invoice is meant to be an institutional invoice addressed to your institute rather than to you personally. The submission form therefore has institutional invoice as default but this could be changed to personal invoice, if applicable. If your institution is based in an EU country, you are requested to provide a VAT identification number. This VAT ID can normally be found in the imprint of your institution's website. Please carefully check your provided invoice address to avoid later changes.
- Abstracts are only processed and available for session organization by conveners after the payment is completed. Please note that this is a processing charge and not a publishing fee.
- APCs are not refundable in case of an abstract withdrawal, rejection, or double submission. The charges collected cover the cost to process the abstracts, whether or not one attends the meeting.
- The APC does not register you for the conference. Separate registration fees apply.