The conference will consist of plenary sessions with talks by invited speakers, early career talks, and panel discussions with strong involvement of the audience, poster sessions combined with flash talks, open workshop spaces in the form of break-out groups and a wrap-up meeting.
The available poster boards have the dimensions 1000 mm width x 2500 mm height.
The oral session will include one invited talk, two talks of early career scientists, and a 30-minute panel discussion. Several working groups will be established and the outcome of these working groups will provide the basis for the wrap-up meeting.
There will be five main break-out themes that the participants will work on in three sessions during the conference including lightning talks, world style café discussions, and wrap-up:
- Defining hypothesis-driven science questions that require a network of hydrological observatories
- Determine opportunities for experiments that can be repeated at several sites
- Highlight data that is already available for cross-site comparisons
- Design and requirements of hydrologic observatories
- Governance of a European network of hydrologic observatories